I’m typing this from the Miami airport after waking up at 4 am. I board my flight to Lima in about an hour, sleep for a few hours, then get up at 3:30 to go back to the airport to fly to Pucallpa! I have no doubt that (even though I could not be LESS of a morning person) I will be eager to leave in the morning. Pucallpa, here I come! 🙂
Things to Pray For:
- Safety- to Lima, in Lima, and to Pucallpa (as well as in Pucallpa!)
- Health- The average temperature while I’m in Pucallpa is 88 degrees, with humidity around 70% during the day and up to 97% at night. Add to the heat exhaustion the lack of clean tap water, the fact that I have to be careful which foods I eat (some restaurants don’t prepare their foods quite as, um, cleanly, as others), and tiredness from travel- it’s very easy to end up sick.
- Patience- When we’ve been in Pucallpa as a team, our motto is always “hang loose.” Often we don’t know what we’ll be doing when, and it can become very trying.
- Confidence- I’m leaving home, all my family, all my friends, and going to a foreign country. While I have studied Spanish for several years, I am far from fluent. Please pray for me to have confidence- both in speaking, and in navigating life in Pucallpa without the comfort of my team.
- Rosa- Rosa is the woman picking me up in Lima. Please pray that I will be able to find her promptly upon arriving, and that I won’t have any problems communicating.